” The brilliant young Chinese pianist, has proved a technically astounding pianist who is by turns elegant and rambunctious, coolly expressive and white-hot.”
—The New York Times
Internationally acclaimed pianist Yundi was propelled onto the international stage when he won first prize at the XIV Chopin International Piano Competition at the age of 18, becoming the youngest and the first Chinese winner in the history of the renowned competition. Since then, he has been regarded as an international piano star, also a leading exponent of Chopin’s music.
In autumn 2014, the Fryderyk Chopin Institute, as the organiser of The International Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition has invited Yundi to be one of the jury of The 17th International Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition in 2015, who is also the youngest juror of the competition. In recognition of his contribution to Polish culture, the Government of Poland presented a Gold Medal for Merit to Culture ‘Gloria Artis’ to Yundi in 2010.
• First ever concert tour in AUS & NZL in 2018
• The youngest ever winner of prestigious Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition
• The youngest Chopin judge in the history of the International Chopin Competition
• Gloria Artist Medal by Poland Government
• The world’s first Chopin passport holder
• The German Echo Album solo award
• “Best CD of the Year” by The New York Times
• Netherlands Edison Award
On his regular recital tours, Yundi has performed in such venues as Carnegie Hall (New York), Royal Festival Hall (London), Musikverein Vienna, Alte Opera Frankfurt, Herkulessaal (Munich), Konzerthaus Berlin, Gewandhaus zu Leipzig, Salle Pleyel (Paris), Mariinsky Concert Hall (St Petersburg), National Centre for Performing Arts (Beijing), Seoul Arts Centre and Suntory Hall (Tokyo). Orchestras and conductors with whom he has collaborated include the Berliner Philharmoniker and Seiji Ozawa, Leipzig Gewandhausorchester and Riccardo Chailly, Mahler Chamber Orchestra and Daniel Harding, Rotterdam Philharmonic and Yannick Nézet-Séguin, Philharmonia Orchestra and Andrew Davis, Mariinsky Orchestra and Valery Gergiev, and the Israel Philharmonic and Gustavo Dudamel.
He has also performed with the Vienna Philharmonic, National Symphony Orchestra (Washington), Philadelphia Orchestra, Toronto Symphony and NHK Symphony. Besides, he has participated in various internationally renowned music festivals as guest performer. His solo piano concert has received with delirious approval and the deep love from the music fans, especially in Europe, America, Japan and China. In 2013 he held more than 30 piano solo concerts in China, which created a Chinese classical concert national tour of the precedent.
POSTPONEMENT OF YUNDI LI SONATA WORLD TOUR 2020
- Due to concerns over the current situation of Covid 19 and associated travel bans, YUNDI Sonata world tour - Brisbane & Melbourne originally slated for 6 Feb 2020 & 1 Feb 2020 has been postponed to 11 Oct 2020 & 14 Oct at the QPAC, Brisbane and Palais Theatre, Melbourne. Tickets which have been purchased through Ticketmaster will remain valid for the re-scheduled date (Dated 6 Feb 2020 for QPAC & 1 Feb 2020 for Palais Theatre tickets can still be used for the re-scheduled date). We sincerely apologise for inconvenience caused. To fans who have asked that the show carries on at its original date, we ask for your patience and understanding. We hope that the fight against the virus will end soon.
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.orgOpens in your application